David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Här diskuteras allt som har att göra med bilbaneracing på plast och träbanor med skalenliga bilar. Scalextric, Ninco, Slot.it, FLY m.fl.

Re: A vintage slot cars collection - DMI Elmodan info wanted!

Inläggav slotcar7 15 jul 2011, 16:38

Hi Ravajack, thanks again :thumb:

It's really nice to see how Wrenn was launched in Sweden.. :D i can't understand much of what's written, but i guess they have nice words for the new manufacturer and its scale, maybe pointing out that with these dimensions it's easy to have a complete raceway on your table top..at least, that's what was said here.. :D

And really nice too those late Behco cars..the F1 has got the Ackermann steering, that makes even stronger the link you already found between Behco and MRRC/Airfix, i guess..

For about one month i don't think i'll be able to post any other photo because i'll not be here, but wait for me, i've got more and more..and please, please, don't forget to help me with the Elmodan.. :D

But before leaving, i'd like to show you guys a photo that i took this morning..the car is nothing special, just a fast, reliable Marklin Ferrari Super Squalo that i've already shown many times, being my favourite "real" slot car (that means almost the only one that i race when i like to.. :D ) but i really like the "atmosphere" of the picture, with this morning's light, these green hills (as you know, real moss) and these two "mountains" ranges..as usual, i like to put just real stuff so, the lower range are some small rocks coming from San Marino (about 700 msl) and the higher one (of course) rocks coming from the Mont Blanc (taken at 1,200 msl about, at the tunnel' exit)..i took them when travelling in June..and i think they give "something" to the layout..here they are.. :beer:

Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Lasp 15 jul 2011, 18:13

Thanks a lot Mr Slotcar seven and specially to Mr Ravajack how put same old fashing paper articels.
I will learn a lot from this. During this period I mostly play with nothy Girls and Big American Cars,
Got my driving Licens 1955! Soo the real life whas more interesting.
But now I have time too read and learn says Lasp :)

PS/ I like the peaces off rockhistory, keep it on! /DS
Användarvisningsbild
Lasp
Slotracer

Inläggav Ravajack 18 jul 2011, 08:45

slotcar7 skrev:For about one month i don't think i'll be able to post any other photo because i'll not be here, but wait for me, i've got more and more..

Just a little something here to whet the appetite of slotcar7... :beer:

Bild
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav slotcar7 29 jul 2011, 18:11

Hi guys, i've found a bit of time and i'm back for a little, little while.. :beer:

And thanks, Ravajack, you know how to get my attention.. :beer: and..i want it..! But, sadly, i think this go-kart has been just a prototype not surviving until these days, right..? If not, i can offer everything to get it..almost :D

And i've also seen we're becoming famous, if they talk about us even in Slotforum.. :beer:

So, to celebrate this Swedish forum, here there is a very Swedish icon: a rare Japanese Marusan HO Volvo P1800, that has been one of the most expensive cars i've bought so far, more than $1,000 (about 6,500 kr) and not just because of its rarity, but also because i had to fight with a Swedish collector, of course.. :)

So, please, excuse me if it's now in London and not in Sweden, but, at least, here there are the photos..enjoy, it's just for you, guys.. :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 06 sep 2011, 15:42

Hi guys, i'm back :beer:

And sadly i see still no news about Elmodan..i couldn't imagine it was so difficult.. :) Anyway, Ravajack, i think in a German model car magazine, i think Cars on Line, there should be an article, in a May issue, about this so elusive brand..if you've got it, can you be so kind to put it on line, please :D ? And, please, carry on showing your library about the early days of slot racing, if there's something interesting.. :)

Now, i'd like to show you the biggest shopping i've done this summer (it cost about 2,000 euros..about sk 18,000)..but first, a bit of history..

LR (initials of Louis Roussy, but meant also "Le Rapide", French for "the fast one") was a French toy company active from the 30s until the beginning of the 50s. It specialized in train models, but in 1937 they began to produce a slotless metal race track with a model car, called Salmson, made in Zamac..and they said their car was the fastest of all :D
The production, always of course in quite small numbers, because of the expensive price, stopped with WW2, even if some people think some sets were sold even after the war, but probably they were just some left-overs..

So, the 1/24 set you're going to see has been quite probably made in 1938 (another type of set was made the year before) and it's..MIB :w00t: there are not so many sets still around of this brand, and this one is the only MIB known so far..after more than 70 years :w00t:

But..it's not finished yet..you can also see, again the only one known MIB, single Salmson "slot car" in its own box that, quite probably, was bought together with the set, to enjoy a race that never happened..i've never seen the box for a single car before..it really can be considered as one of the pioneers of all the slot cars' boxes that came later.. :D

And have a look to the toy driving licences..there's written "Toys' French Republic" and "Driving license not valid for petrol cars" :D And have also a look to the manual corrections and writings on both boxes..done by hand with that kind of old stylographic pen..really another era..

And now the photos, enjoy.. :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Lasp 06 sep 2011, 17:04

Reley,Reley nice things! Older than me ;-)
How thus it collect the power? The backmounted shoes sins too bu only one.
I can see the stiring hocked on the front. Very god! Just the thing that is corrected in the box from tran to Auto! :)

Please explain the two nobs on the door and the two on the hub!
Användarvisningsbild
Lasp
Slotracer

Inläggav slotcar7 08 sep 2011, 13:37

Ok guys..how this Auto-Route LR works :) ?

First of all, the two round metallic stuff on the bonnet, in front of the windscreen, switch on the engine and the headlights, while the two on the left side are brush holders (they're part of the electric system).

The electric contact is kept by the front bumper, that always touches, thanks to a spring, the raised border of the track..so, you put the car with the front bumper attached to the raised edge of the track, then you switch on the engine and the car starts moving, and thanks to that spring attached to the bumper, it always keeps the contact with the track edge and so..moving :D

But, as you can see in the instructions, you can put a second car that can also overtake the first one :o ! In what way? The point is that, when moving, all the car's body has electricity on it, so if the second car approaches and touches the first one, this second will get the power from the first one! It will consider the first car like the raised edge, and so, always touching with its bumper the first car, and later being touched by the first car's bumper, the second will overtake and go ahead :beer: really genial, but not always very effective :D

Anyway, two beautiful Salmson S4 Coupe, overall the red one, in my opinion.. :)
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 08 sep 2011, 13:57

And now, let's go to something else a bit less old.. :)

These are two rare Italian 1/24 Policar made just in 1968, a Ferrari Dino 206 Competizione in a charming blue, and an Alfa Romeo 33-2 Spider Prototipo in the classic Alfa Red :beer:

Have a look a both number plates, with "PROVA" that means "practice", and at the green cloverleafs, symbol of the Alfa Romeo's racing department..

Two classics, both as cars and as slot cars..enjoy.. :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Fallerfreak 08 sep 2011, 22:56

The old french stuff was really interesting! :thumb:
Faller en faller alla
Fallerfreak
Depåman

Inläggav Jormungandr 08 sep 2011, 23:04

Not to be peckish, but I think that the alfa is actually a Tipo 33/1 "Periscopa". a very beautiful car that I need for my collection in some form or another...
>:-D TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Tonfisk jävlars spårrejsing
Användarvisningsbild
Jormungandr
Testförare

Klubb: Tuna Devils Slotracing

Inläggav slotcar7 04 dec 2011, 17:35

Hi guys, i've been quite busy, so i haven't had time to post anything new..but i'll show you now something really, really almost unique..and thanks for your patience :)

First, yes, Jormungandr, you're right as usual :beer: the only thing i can correct is the spelling: "Periscopio" or "Periscopica", due to that huge air intake that looks similar to a submarine's periscope :beer:

But now, i show you the rarity..we remain inside the Policar brand and here you are a 1/24 Ferrari P3 in the rarest yellow livery :beer:

Policar, as maybe already said, produced just in 1967 a 4 cars-range, called "Policar Super": a Ferrari P3, an Osi Scarabeo, a Lamborghini Miura and a De tomaso Mangusta..they all were made in acetate, so lighter (and more fragile..) than the normal plastic, they had an "H" chassis and an original Policar engine..so, they were the Italian answer to the most professional American slot cars..

Not many were produced, due to their expensive prices, and even less remain today, given that their body was so fragile that a small mistake on the track could lead to break it.. :(

For this reason, the year after, 1968, Policar stopped producing them and replaced with other 4 slots, called "Policar Racing": a BRE Samurai, an Osi Bisiluro, a Ferrari Dino Competizione and an Alfa Romeo 33/2..but they were quite different from the previous four, because the body was in Moplen (kind of normal plastic), the chassis wasn't "H-shaped" anymore and the engine was a Japanese Mabuchi..so, they were quite stronger and more reliable, but not so amazing like the previous ones..anyway, even this production stopped in just one year's time, and Policar concentrated itself just on the 1/32 and 1/43 scale..

So, the Ferrari P3 i show you now is not just the rarest of all the 1/24 models, but it's also in the even rarer yellow livery (it was produced just in red and yellow, but for some reasons there are more red ones than yellow ones..imagine that, so far, just 5 :w00t: Policar 1/24 yellow Ferrari P3 are know left in existence..and this one is one of them :beer:

As you can see, i show also the difference between the chassis of the Ferrari P3 and that one of the Ferrari Dino Competizione..and, if you have a good eye, you can see i added some new trees on the layout and you can also notice in the background the Wrenn shop's display we talked before..but now, finally, the photos..enjoy :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 05 dec 2011, 18:39

Hi guys, here there are other two rare slot cars, made by the Italian company National Toys, a manufacturer active during the period 1963/70: a couple of 1/30 Ferrari 555 Supersqualo (Italian for "super shark"):beer: actually, this model has been the first to be produced, in 1963, and even if a bit toy-like, in my opinion it's quite attractive, maybe because of its so fat shape..for sure not ideal for fast racing :D

Enjoy :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Fallerfreak 05 dec 2011, 20:12

:)

Nice and exclusive!
Faller en faller alla
Fallerfreak
Depåman

Inläggav Crewe Alex 06 dec 2011, 18:40

Hi David,

As usual stunning pieces you are showing us. :thumb: I'm happy you share your joy with us. :D

I haven't had time to be very active here for a while but I might have some really, really good news. And yes it's in the field of the topic name of this thread. 8-o

I have sent you a PM. :-$

Anders
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav BoKo 05 jan 2012, 19:01

I've spent the day reading this thread. Fascinating.

I found this blog if anyone is interested: http://slotfun.blogspot.com/search/labe ... 0companies
5 Brits were injured last year in accidents involving out-of-control Scalextric cars.
Användarvisningsbild
BoKo
Kurvvakt

FöregåendeNästa

Återgå till Bilbana & allmänt