David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Här diskuteras allt som har att göra med bilbaneracing på plast och träbanor med skalenliga bilar. Scalextric, Ninco, Slot.it, FLY m.fl.

Re: Dansk Modelflyve Industri - Elmodan

Inläggav Dan J. 13 maj 2010, 12:36

NMI skrev:I really like the "Le Mans" picture, but why are the cars going the wrong way? :-? :D

Because it's more exciting taking the risk of running into the Le Mans start the wong way. Anyone remember the terrible accident at Slick Rock Raceway? :D

Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Dan J.
Slotracer

Inläggav slotcar7 13 maj 2010, 20:28

Hi, any news about the book "allt om miniracing".. :-? Where can i get one, folks.. :)
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Ravajack 13 maj 2010, 21:37

slotcar7 skrev:Hi guys, i'm trying to upload some pictures of my collection (someone asked me to do so.. :) )..these are between the latest stuff i bought, hope you enjoy.. 8-)
http://s968.photobucket.com/albums/ae16 ... g&newest=1
etc, etc, etc...

slotcar7: The line in the red frame is the one to copy to make the pics appear in a forum:

Bild

And here are the pics that slotcar7 wanted to show us in his previous posting:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Senast redigerad av Borgis 08 jan 2013, 01:01, redigerad totalt 1 gång.
Anledning: Bild borttagen på ägarens begäran
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Ravajack 13 maj 2010, 21:55

slotcar7 skrev:Hi, any news about the book "allt om miniracing".. :-? Where can i get one, folks.. :)

No news per se about the book ”Allt om miniracing”, but this is how it looks:
Shows up rather frequently on ”Tradera”, price usually around 50-100 SEK.
It says ”Del 1” (Part 1) on the cover, but there never was a part 2. And never
will be, as the author Jan Jangö, Grand Old Man of the swedish hobby scene,
died three years ago, aged 86... :(

Bild
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Ravajack 13 maj 2010, 23:03

slotcar7 skrev:...please, give me your advice..the first two cars i think could be some early elmodan models, but i don't have any idea about the third one.. :o
http://www.tradera.com/gamla-bilar-aukt ... _112076944

And to *bump* these:

Bild
Bild

The two leftmost are most certainly NOT Elmodan, These were among the first slot racing cars (as opposed to the pioneering rail racing cars) that Bertil Beckman & Co (Behco) began to market and sell by the end of 1959. The newsflash pic & short text below is from the TfA-magazine 1959 #22. Motor, rear bracket, shape of gear & the whole shebang is pretty much identical slotracer7:s Tradera-findings above.

Bild

This is (obviously) the same chassis from the same magazine pic above, but a bit ”touched-up” and published forur years later(!) in the book ”Allt om miniracing” in 1963 (page 81):

Bild

About the third (rightmost) car in slotcar7:s Tradera findings, I haven't got a clue. It seems quite small, assuming the other two (Behco) cars are 1/32. Everything else with the car also looks quite odd:
The gear, the unusual pick-up front, the extra peg in the rear, the narrow (for the car as a whole) brass chassis and, not least, the peculiar motor arrangement:

It looks like an ordinary & period open Triang Mk IV motor like the one in the other two cars — but turned on the side 90 degrees! Peculiar indeed, as this is quite the opposite of lowering the CG... :-?
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Ravajack 13 maj 2010, 23:07

NMI skrev:I really like the "Le Mans" picture, but why are the cars going the wrong way? :-? :D

Because most certainly the photographer for the book didn't have a clue about the new hobby slot car racing when arranging the set up for the picture.
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav slotcar7 14 maj 2010, 15:24

Hi Ravenjack, thanks for your help in everything..i can be a quite good slot collector, but i'm an absolute rubbish with all IT stuff.. :down: ..i can't be perfect :beer:
And thanks also for the other news :D

Here's some other sets from my collection:

Japanese Yonezawa MIB, late 70s, i guess, with two Lancia Stratos Bild
From Japan also this set, 1/24 MIB, but i still couldn't find out the brand.. :D Bild
The following two are NIchimo, 1/24 MIB, the first one fron the 70s, the second one from the 80's Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 14 maj 2010, 15:32

Always Japanese.. :D
A classic Marusan H0 set from the 60's
Bild
A H0 set from K, with the track that folds up, from the 60s
Bild
A classic Bandai, 60s
Bild
Another Bandai, toy-like, from the 70s
Bild
Yonezawa single lane, 60s
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 14 maj 2010, 16:27

More from around the world..
Wrenn Cooper 152 MIB, 60s
Bild
Polistil Champion 175 MIb, 70s
Bild
Playcraft Champion, 60s
Bild
Marx Sebring Deluxe MIB, 60s
Bild
Jouef Rallye Record 64 MIB, 60s
Bild
Jouef Circuits Geants MIB, 4 lanes set, 60s
Bild
A Dune buggies set from the 70s
Bild
Dromocar Panther MIB, 70s
Bild
Airfix MR7, 60s
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Scalex 14 maj 2010, 16:48

Finally :D I have solved the problem with the third car :D :D
it`s a 1/40 SRM car :thumb:
Found three more books in my collection
Bild

....and in one of them.......
Bild

I found this picture......
Bild

The book is "Simple Electric Car Racing" by Vic Smeed. From 1965.
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Slotcollector av STORT format :-)
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

Klubb: Tuna Devils Slotracing

Inläggav slotcar7 14 maj 2010, 17:39

Hi, you're a genius.. :beer: ..it's true, i just checked and this green car, with the other red one shown below, are the first cars the british SRM (at that time still called Slot Racing Models, later changed in Scale Raceway Models) ever made in 1959, a 1/40 green Vanwall and a red Ferrari..There's just one known set in all the world, and not more than 4/5 single slots in total..i can't believe it.. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
and i got the ferrari for 90 kr!

Bild

Maybe i'm dreaming.. :D
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 14 maj 2010, 20:16

Guys, i just won it.. :D ! Joma Electroroute set n.1, 50s
Bild
And a bit of blood flew from my wollet.. :(
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Crewe Alex 15 maj 2010, 06:26

slotcar7 skrev:Hi, you're a genius.. :beer: ..it's true, i just checked and this green car, with the other red one shown below, are the first cars the british SRM (at that time still called Slot Racing Models, later changed in Scale Raceway Models) ever made in 1959, a 1/40 green Vanwall and a red Ferrari..There's just one known set in all the world, and not more than 4/5 single slots in total..i can't believe it.. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
and i got the ferrari for 90 kr!

Maybe i'm dreaming.. :D

slotcar7 skrev:Guys, i just won it.. :D ! Joma Electroroute set n.1, 50s

And a bit of blood flew from my wollet.. :(

Well what can one say, You're a Lucky Bastard David!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Congrats to all your findings. I guess you don't regret taking contact with this Swedish slotcar mafia.

By the way I'm still working on the Elmodan parts in Denmark.

Nice collection you have. Please show us more. ;-)
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav slotcar7 15 maj 2010, 15:57

Hi Crewe Alex, you're right: being part of this forum has been one of my luckiest findings.. :beer: :beer:

Overall because i see a lot of knowledge around and also the will to share it with other members..and in other places it doesn't always work like this, believe me.. :(

And thanks also for keeping an eye for Elmodan.. :up:

Ok, i put something else, maybe more will follow, if i find the time.. :)

Policar set A3, 70s
Bild
Faller Club Racing 1/24 MIB, 60s
Bild
Scalextric set made in France, 60s
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 15 maj 2010, 18:03

Two sets more, a bit particular, and two slots..

This one is a very, very rare set that APS Politoys made in the 60s, with electric slot cars..i believe that less than 10 complete sets remaining all around..look at the lid: a pictures with two children of the Sixties.. :) ..truly vintage!
Bild
I collect also not slot car sets in the strict sense, but also any kind of toy which involves a car (or motorcicle or trotter, etc) race: the only condition is that it should be old, like this mechanical unknown French set that goes back to the 50s..and take a look at the wrong (or, at least, rare) spelling on the box: Monte-Carle instead of the correct Monte-Carlo!
Bild
A Tempo Ford MIB slot car from the 60', from this rare Yugoslavian brand..
Bild
and an Eureka BMW MIB from the 60s..Eureka was a Spanish brand which made copies of the German Rasant, but with a more complicated braids system..
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

FöregåendeNästa

Återgå till Bilbana & allmänt