David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Här diskuteras allt som har att göra med bilbaneracing på plast och träbanor med skalenliga bilar. Scalextric, Ninco, Slot.it, FLY m.fl.

Re: Dansk Modelflyve Industri - Elmodan

Inläggav Stirling Moss 28 apr 2010, 16:36

In the past years I have seen Elmodan for sale two times at http://www.tradera.com ( swedish ebay )

Moss
Användarvisningsbild
Stirling Moss
Kartläsare

Inläggav Crewe Alex 28 apr 2010, 17:03

Nice collection there David. Among the brands you might have forgotten I suppose these are among them:
Mister P (Greece)
Ites (Chech Republic)
Cragstan (USA)
Marx (USA)
Pengo/Miniflex
Gilbert (USA)

Regarding Elmodan I have contact with a guy in Denmark who seems to have some parts. Not a complete set and no cars. He has been dealing with toys for many many years but only had one Elmodan car in his hand. If you are interested in parts let me know.

To be able to show pictures you must first have them somewhere on the internet and then link them with help of the "Img" button when you write your messege. Just paste the address of each picture within it's "Img". Hope you get it. Otherwise maybe someone else can explain better.

By the way David it would be interesting to hear what criteria you have for your collection. Is it just full sets that count and do you want to have all sets of all brands or just one set of every brand?

Just curious.
Anders
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav Ravajack 28 apr 2010, 17:32

Davids "big list" has some rare brands that I've never seen or even heard of before. Impressive! :thumb:
It really wouild be nice to see a massive pictoral report from that collection. 8-)

But I also notice there are some really common brands that are missing... :-?

What about the Americas — North (Canada, USA) and South (Brazil, Argentina)?

Are reputable big old US brands like Aurora, Monogram, Revell and Varney not
interesting enough to be collectible?
Or the Brazilian big brand Estrela?
Or Industria from Argentina?

Just curious. :beer:
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav slotcar7 28 apr 2010, 18:30

Hi guys, first of all, Crewe Alex, yes please :D : I'm interested in everything, even a single wheel, from elmodan at the moment :D ..it could be useful later, maybe, if i have to complete a not totally complete set, if ever..!

About the idea behind my collection, i prefer sets because they give you a stronger "vintage" feeling, with all those bits and bobs..and also, some pictures or drawings on the box lids are just wonderful: think about a VIP set or a Policar one..when you look at them you just go back in time..! I collect 100% or 99% complete sets, not just one per brand but at least one of each type a brand made. And they're not few..!

But recently i started to collect also single slot, with the criteria that they should be unusual or rare: between the most recent i bought, there's a Jouef go-kart MIB (beginning of the 70s), two H0 Eureka Ford Taunus (spanish brand which made copies of the german Rasant) and, ABOVE ALL, a H0 Heras Opel Kapitan MIB.. :D :D ! For those who don't really know this brand..: Heras was a small german brand that operated just for a couple of years (1962-64), and produced a slot-car like system which made possible to have moving car models on the modelstreets. Just 5 slots were produced (Mercedes 220, Opel Kapitan and three types of bus), as single slots or inside single-lane slot sets. At the moment, i've got two sets with bus, one set with the Mercedes, one with the Opel and this single Opel Kapitan totally untouched in its paper box since 1962..! And, would you believe it? I found it in Spain.. :o !

About the brands i've got, many of them you wrote, Crewe Alex and Ravejack, are present in the collection as well..i'm trying to get two early Estrela sets from Brazil, but it's not that easy, sellers there look a bit dodgy, sometimes..! And in the collection are also present Wiad (a firm that took over Heras), Eureka and Eheim (trolleybus, not really slots..!).

But i've never heard about Pengo/miniflex..any information?

Anyway, there are still many brands i don't have, but..there'll be time, i hope ;-) !

About the pictures, i'll try later to post something, promised..!

Cheers, david
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 28 apr 2010, 18:41

Hi, about the help for posting a picture, if i've got them saved on my desktop (they're not on the internet) how can i attach them.. :-? :-? ?

david
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Scalex 28 apr 2010, 19:19

Here is another Elmodan car. Maserati 250 i think :-? 60:s or 70:s ????
Bild
Bild
Bild
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Slotcollector av STORT format :-)
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

Klubb: Tuna Devils Slotracing

Inläggav Scalex 28 apr 2010, 19:29

Offtopic :D Odd and strange slot car :o

Carve your own slotcar from balsawood :thumb:

One little box .......
Bild

...and....
Bild

....voala....
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

Inläggav Crewe Alex 28 apr 2010, 19:50

slotcar7 skrev:Hi guys, first of all, Crewe Alex, yes please :D : I'm interested in everything, even a single wheel, from elmodan at the moment :D ..it could be useful later, maybe, if i have to complete a not totally complete set, if ever..!

I will contact this Danish guy and introduce you to him briefly and then it's better if you have direct contact with him. When I know I will write you a PM through that function here on this forum. Then we can have separate contact with that.

I don't want to interfere with the rules here on this forum and ask the administrators to correct if we make too much business of this. Myself I find this thread very educating and entertaining and look forward to what will follow.

slotcar7 skrev:About the idea behind my collection, i prefer sets because they give you a stronger "vintage" feeling, with all those bits and bobs..and also, some pictures or drawings on the box lids are just wonderful: think about a VIP set or a Policar one..when you look at them you just go back in time..! I collect 100% or 99% complete sets, not just one per brand but at least one of each type a brand made. And they're not few..!

I just like your attitude. :beer: Lot's of the graphics from the 60's are great. I totally agree. And you can look forward to a biiiiig collection if you want every type each brand made. I collect battery driven slot sets from the 60's and early 70's. Preferrably Speedking and there are lot's of different sets just for one brand.

slotcar7 skrev:But recently i started to collect also single slot, with the criteria that they should be unusual or rare: between the most recent i bought, there's a Jouef go-kart MIB (beginning of the 70s), two H0 Eureka Ford Taunus (spanish brand which made copies of the german Rasant) and, ABOVE ALL, a H0 Heras Opel Kapitan MIB.. :D :D ! For those who don't really know this brand..: Heras was a small german brand that operated just for a couple of years (1962-64), and produced a slot-car like system which made possible to have moving car models on the modelstreets. Just 5 slots were produced (Mercedes 220, Opel Kapitan and three types of bus), as single slots or inside single-lane slot sets. At the moment, i've got two sets with bus, one set with the Mercedes, one with the Opel and this single Opel Kapitan totally untouched in its paper box since 1962..! And, would you believe it? I found it in Spain.. :o !

Congratulations to these great treasure findings. :up: And by the way thanks for all the information you provide us with.

slotcar7 skrev:But i've never heard about Pengo/miniflex..any information?

Bild

slotcar7 skrev:Hi, about the help for posting a picture, if i've got them saved on my desktop (they're not on the internet) how can i attach them.. :-? :-? ?

There are servers on the internet where you can upload your pictures for free. I use my own homepage to place the pictures. If you don't want the work to find a place on Internet you can email them to me and I can put them on my server.

Later
Anders
Användarvisningsbild
Crewe Alex
Kartläsare

Inläggav Jormungandr 28 apr 2010, 19:55

slotcar7 skrev:Hi, about the help for posting a picture, if i've got them saved on my desktop (they're not on the internet) how can i attach them.. :-? :-? ?

david

You can try to use imageshack at: http://imageshack.us/ it's free to use, just register. there are plenty of similar other sites out there. you just upload you image to their server and then link it from there.

/Marcus
>:-D TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Tonfisk jävlars spårrejsing
Användarvisningsbild
Jormungandr
Testförare

Inläggav Ravajack 28 apr 2010, 22:23

Jormungandr skrev:You can try to use imageshack at: http://imageshack.us/ it's free to use, just register. there are plenty of similar other sites out there. you just upload you image to their server and then link it from there.

Sorry to interfer, but I've got mixed experience with imageshack. It's quite simple to upload pics, but the site is in my opinon less reliable over long terms, i.e. pictures and links may suddenly just disappear and never to be seen any more. It has happened to me more than just once or twice over ther years and I just don't use imageshack any more.

I've found photobucket to be just the ticket for long time storage of web pics, and also very reliable links over time. I've yet to see a broken link with photobucket. And just like imageshack, photobucket is completely free, and also comes with a quite generous amount of storage space.
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Ravajack 28 apr 2010, 23:05

slotcar7 skrev:... and, ABOVE ALL, a H0 Heras Opel Kapitan MIB.. :D :D ! For those who don't really know this brand..: Heras was a small german brand that operated just for a couple of years (1962-64), and produced a slot-car like system which made possible to have moving car models on the modelstreets. Just 5 slots were produced (Mercedes 220, Opel Kapitan and three types of bus), as single slots or inside single-lane slot sets. At the moment, i've got two sets with bus, one set with the Mercedes, one with the Opel and this single Opel Kapitan totally untouched in its paper box since 1962..! And, would you believe it? I found it in Spain.. :o !

This Heras/Wiad brand is of particular interest here in Sweden, as one set box actually depicts
one of the most famous ”traffic jams” in the country, the Slussen carousel, a vital transporatation
junction in the middle of Stockholm: (I guess the early 1960s German box designers found the
Slussen quite ”picturesque” for the box art... :D )

Bild

Some more of the Heras/Wiad stuff here, for those who haven't seen this brand:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav racefun 30 apr 2010, 15:38

slotcar7 skrev: Ah, yes please, Racefun! I've already called the auction house you told me, but :( they said they never heard about Elmodan..so, if you can write in some slot car forums or websites in Denmark i'd really appreciate it..and a free tour of London will be yours :) !

Cheers, david

thx David, I will remember next time we go to London :beer: I was there last x-mas so i might take some years before we come back.

there is only one danish forum (more offcourse but all local for clubs, and they all look at this)
http://www.scalerace.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=551
I all ready posted there about Elmodan, in danish but you can just write in there in english too.
Användarvisningsbild
racefun
Depåman

Klubb: racefun

Inläggav largasso 30 apr 2010, 19:15

A friend turned up today with some cars his children played with some 40 years ago :w00t:

Among them was this : A Jouef BRM F1 car, felt I had to show it here in "the historical thread"

Bild

Bild
Lala
Hellre lite trångt i första backen,
än blåbärssoppa över hela banan...
http://www.big1.se
Skånefräsning på "G"
Användarvisningsbild
largasso
Testförare

Klubb: HBG Slotcar

Inläggav slotcar7 09 maj 2010, 13:50

Hi guys, sorry if i didn't keep in touch recently, but i've been really busy..i apologize, my friends..!

Anyway, i started to finally buy also on tradera, and today i just bought something that, i think, can come from Elmodan :D..please, give me your advice..the first two cars i think could be some early elmodan models, but i don't have any idea about the third one.. :o

http://www.tradera.com/gamla-bilar-aukt ... _112076944

And i've seen maybe something else quite interesting on tradera, even if at this moment the most desired item on sale it's this, in my opinion:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/RARE-ALFA-ROMEO-NORE ... 414f510cf6

I think blood will flow to get that set.. :D
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Scalex 09 maj 2010, 18:52

I don´t think the two first cars are DMI/ Elmodan. I think they are homemade with French Behco bodies amd early MRRC chassies. But that´s just a guess form my side.
Bild
Bild

And a picture from the DMI/Elmodan Maserati set from 1963-64

Bild
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

FöregåendeNästa