David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Här diskuteras allt som har att göra med bilbaneracing på plast och träbanor med skalenliga bilar. Scalextric, Ninco, Slot.it, FLY m.fl.

Re: A vintage slot cars collection - DMI Elmodan info wanted!

Inläggav slotcar7 21 maj 2011, 17:03

Now two early slot cars made by Gege in 1963..a bit toylike, but nice.. :)

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 22 maj 2011, 13:41

Hi guys, something more, this time from Policar, an Italian company that made some really, really attractive cars, in my opinion.. :)

The first shown is a 1/32 Osi Scarabeo, really stilish, made in 1969..about the same year for the other two, that usually go in couple in most Policar sets, a Ferrari P5 and an Alfa Romeo 33..interesting to note that the Osi and the Ferrari are really early slots, because of their clear windscreens and, for the Ferrari in particular, for its paper race number, different, for example, from the adhesive plastic ones put on the Alfa Romeo, that also shows a blue windscreen..

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 22 maj 2011, 13:58

And now other two Policar in mint condition, a Lotus and a BRM, made in 1964/65..and look at those huge, chromed exhausts on the Lotus and at the tyre, so detailed.. :)

Ah, i also want to let you know that in the next days i'll be leaving London to go (by car, the right choice for a slot car collector :D !) to France, Germany and Italy, where i hope also to get some new stuff.. :) so, for a while i'll not be able to post any more images, but please wait for me, there's a lot, lot more :beer: and please, don't forget i'm still lookong for the ELMODAN.. :D

Thanks for your attention, my friends :beer:

david

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 24 maj 2011, 12:44

Hi guys, i just found a bit of time before leaving, so i post a few pictures more, hope you enjoy.. :beer:

This is a 1/32 Lotus made by the French company Joma Miniamil in the 60s..in my opinion (and not just in mine..) the slot cars made by this brand are between the most detailed ever made..look for example at the independent suspensions..the numeber of pieces each of them is made of is really above average.. :)

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 24 maj 2011, 12:53

And now, something overall for you, Fallerfreak.. :beer:

These are two rare 1/64 slot cars made by the Hong Kong based company OK Kader, in the 60s, an Aston Martin and a Chevrolet Corvette..this company produced the best quality slot cars coming from that city, as you can see.. :D

But the real particularity of the set these slots come from, is that there are two light bulbs on the "Start/Finish" poles that glove when a car complete a 10 laps race..never seen another stuff like this.. :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 24 maj 2011, 12:57

And to finish a real nice and detailed Ford Thunderbird made by the American company Atlas in the early 60s..have a look at its front or at the roof or at the tiny, tiny driver..a real masterpiece in miniature.. :)

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Jormungandr 24 maj 2011, 15:35

I belive that the Thunderbird actually is a 1962 Corvette. otherwice it's a really interesting thread you have going!
>:-D TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Tonfisk jävlars spårrejsing
Användarvisningsbild
Jormungandr
Testförare

Klubb: Tuna Devils Slotracing

Inläggav slotcar7 24 maj 2011, 17:08

Hi, you're absolutely right.. :beer: ! Sorry for my mistake..but the Thunderbird is one of my favourite cars, and sometimes love makes people wrong.. :D
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Fallerfreak 24 maj 2011, 17:40

Nice! Never heard of that HongKong brand OK Kader..... :thumb:
Atlas is really like Faller's american cousin! :)
Faller en faller alla
Fallerfreak
Depåman

Inläggav Fallerfreak 30 maj 2011, 21:48

Here's a picture of the Faller box with the Playcraft Impala & Atlas T-Bird on the cover:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Faller-AMS-4784-Bruc ... _598wt_869
:thumb:
Faller en faller alla
Fallerfreak
Depåman

Inläggav slotcar7 24 jun 2011, 14:14

Hi guys, i'm back.. :) after a nice stay in Bologna (Italy) and few trips to some other places around Europe i'm in London again..and i also found new stuff but no rush.. :) for the moment something more from the collection..and thanks again to you, Fallerfreak..always interesting your pieces of information about Faller :beer:

So, here's one of the most famous slot cars of the 60s, a rare, original Tamiya 1/24 Porsche Carrera 6, considered to be the best slot car ever made in Japan..this was a ready to race model, while usually this brand produced just kits..a really fast and detailed car, in my opinion..look at the driver or at the left front tyre marked "TAMIYA" and "17-7"..

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 24 jun 2011, 15:53

Now three slot cars from the best Hong Kong-based manufacturer in the 60s, OK Kader: in a quite uncommon 1/30 scale, a wonderful Aston Martin and two Cooper in green and red..who said that all Hong Kong products were without quality.. :D ?

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 25 jun 2011, 13:36

Hi guys, now a couple of quite unusual slots: two 1/24 bobsleighs produced by the Italian manufacturer Dromocar in the early 70s.. :)
Usually Dromocar produced slots and sets in the 1/43 scale (it was the brand that Policar/Polistil used for this scale) but in this case just the track (white!) is still 1/43, the bobsleighs are roughly 1/24..and they look quite realistic..look at the teammates' facial expressions: they look so intense, keen to get the maximum speed.. :D

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 27 jun 2011, 13:21

Hi guys, now four slot cars in the odd 1/36 scale fron PMC, one of the many manufacturers in Hong Kong during the 60s..a Mercedes, a Jaguar, a Ferrari and, just for you, my Swedish friends :) a Volvo..enjoy.. :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 28 jun 2011, 16:07

Hi guys, now some really classy :) slot cars..made by Jouef in France for the British company Playcraft, in the 1/40 scale, two Mercedes (a coupe' and a cabrio), two Jaguars (again a coupe' and a cabrio) and a Lotus F1..just beautiful..do you agree.. :beer: ?

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild