David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Här diskuteras allt som har att göra med bilbaneracing på plast och träbanor med skalenliga bilar. Scalextric, Ninco, Slot.it, FLY m.fl.

Re: A vintage slot cars collection - DMI Elmodan info wanted!

Inläggav Workingclasshero 21 apr 2014, 12:10

Vilken tråd!!! Ujujujuj.....
Nu hoppas jag på tid över att läsa och begrunda uppstarten av miniracing i Sverige och dess olika gamla banor, fantastisk tråd?

What a thread! Ujujujuj .....
Now I hope in time to read and ponder the startup of miniracing in Sweden and its various old tracks, amazing thread?

/W
Workingclasshero
Depåman

Inläggav slotcar7 06 jun 2014, 11:39

Hi guys, i show you now something unique, really unique.. :)

As maybe you know, Carloni was a small and quite obscure Italian brand that produced around 1975/76 four cars, in roughly 1/32 scale: an Alfa Romeo 1750, a Fiat 124 Coupe', a Lancia Fulvia Coupe' and a Porsche 911, and just one set with two of them.

Well, this was what it was known until now..because they also produced a set, totally similar to the normal one, but with two cars no one has ever heard of..2 thinghies.. :w00t: ! They were made in the same scale, with a very fragile lexan body, a full metal chromed chassis and with the motor straight linked to the wheels, so a direct drive..! And actually, i've tried them on the track and they're some of the fastest slot cars i've ever seen..unbelievable..!

The set was a New Old Stock, found in a model shop that closed many years ago, so i guess these two cars were maybe the last production of the brand..maybe they tried to offer some faster cars..anyway, i think this could have been just an one-off set, maybe for promotional purposes, because no one else has ever seen these cars before..so, they're the only rwo know in the world so far.. :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

And now you can see them as well..enjoy.. :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Erikemil 01 mar 2015, 14:20

Anyone who are still interested in pictures of the Elmodan racetrack? The top of the cars has been taken from the Lego VW 1:32. Elmo Nielsen had a partnership with Lego.
Erikemil
Nykomling

Inläggav Ravajack 01 mar 2015, 22:50

Erikemil skrev:Anyone who are still interested in pictures of the Elmodan racetrack?

Very much so, sir.
Please provide as much info as possible about Elmodan, the Elmo Nielsen operation and the Lego connection.
Also pictures would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Inläggav Erikemil 08 mar 2015, 17:27

Hi

I'm not sure how to add pictures here. But please contact me at my mailadress: erik.ro@post.cybercity.dk

then I'll get back to you with some pictures
Erikemil
Nykomling

Inläggav Ravajack 12 mar 2015, 16:53

Thanks to our newest friend and member, Erikemil, here are some more pictures and information on the e(xc)lusive Danish
pioneer slot car brand Elmodan, that appeared on the Scandinavian market for a brief period of time in the switch between
the 1950s and 1960s.

The hobby firm Dansk Modelflyve Industri (DMI) offered the track system Elmodan El-Race in the late fifties
and early sixties. The color of the 139 mm wide track is light grey. The controllers were made from bakelite and has round
steering wheels to regulate the power. The cars were in 1/32 scale, with a metal body of diecast Lego origin and equipped
with metal rims and steering front wheels. The cars had a Microperm motor of German design.

The company name was a compound of the forename of the founder Elmo Nielsen and his home country name Denmark
in native tongue, Danmark, hence ElmoDan.

Elmo Nielsen's firm was also an early business affiliate with another fledgling Danish toy company in the 1950's by
the name of Lego. Lego was then a diversified company, built not yet only on production of plastic building bricks,
but also on a broad range of wooden toys and die-cast metal cars. Two lines of die-cast model cars were produced, one in
HO scale (1/87) and on in scale 1/32.

When the idea of a domestic Danish slot car brand was born in the head of Elmo Nielsen, it was also a natural thing
to ask for a cooperation with Lego to produce the bodies for the cars.

And so the Elmodan brand track system & cars was born.

Bild
A rare set of Elmodan El-race from the late 1950s, with metal cars, plastic track and steering wheel controllers made from bakelite.

Bild
Three different tastes of cars with Lego origin. Top to bottom:
Elmodan 1/32 VW slot car, Static VW 1/32 die-cast, Static VW 1/87 die-cast.

Bild
Same bodywork, different underpinnings. Elmodan Slot car (top) and Lego die-cast (bottom)

Bild
A picture spread from a period toy catalog with an Elmodan track in the center.
En populär föreställning är att om man kedjar fast ett oändligt stort antal apor vid var sin skrivmaskin, så kommer någon av dem att prestera ett litterärt mästerverk. Internet har dock nu slutligen bevisat att så inte är fallet...
Användarvisningsbild
Ravajack
Veteranracer

Re: David Mincica vintage slotcars collection - DMI/Elmodan info

Inläggav slotcar7 16 mar 2015, 18:47

Hi guys, really nice to see that photo of the Elmodan..actually, i'd found exactly that set in a vintage toy shop in Denmark, but for some misunderstood at the end i've lost it..and now, for what i know, it's in Germany..if the lucky German buyer reads this, please contact me.. :)

Well, let's try to forget for a while the Elmodan, and to do this i show you now another jewel..the Italian company Policar, in 1972, produced two 1/32 slot cars of the most famous rallye cars of that time, the French Alpine Renault A110 and the Italian Lancia Fulvia Coupe. They were produced just in two colours, like the original ones: the Alpine in blue and the Italian in red..but the one i show you now is a Policar Alpine Renault A110 in red, the only known in the world.. :w00t:

Probably it was a prototype, given the fact that the bumpers are black and not chrome like those ones on the blue cars and the headlamps are transparent and not blue like the common ones..

Enjoy.. :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Scalex 27 jul 2015, 16:54

Just found this in a forgotten box ;-)

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Slotcollector av STORT format :-)
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

Klubb: Tuna Devils Slotracing

Inläggav slotcar7 22 aug 2015, 12:18

Hi Scalex, very interesting that transformer, it looks wonderful, my compliments :) ! Step by step some items from this so elusive brand are coming out, finally..!

And now i show you a rare slot car, a 1/43 Joma Citroen DS!
This brand, at the end of the 50s/beginning of the 60s, produced some racing sets called Electro Route (French for electric road) even if they really weren't racing sets, given the fact that usually the track was for just one car and that, overall, the speed wasn't so impressive..they motorized some metal Quiralu models at the beginning and some plastic Norev models a bit later, and the Citroen DS in my opinion is the most beautiful of them all..! In this case, the car that i show you is exactly in the same livery as the one painted on the wonderful set box..the only bad side of these cars was the fact that you couldn't open them to check the engine, so if the car had some fault you had just to throw it away or keep it static..! Ah, last thing, the Citroen DS can be found in two different models, with or withour the aerial, the first ones being the later production..and now, enjoy :beer:

Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav Scalex 31 aug 2015, 17:14

Swedish instructions for the DMI SlotRace set :-)

Bild

Bild
TDS
TUNA DEVILS SLOTRACING
Slotcollector av STORT format :-)
Användarvisningsbild
Scalex
Kartläsare

Klubb: Tuna Devils Slotracing

Inläggav slotcar7 13 jul 2016, 13:48

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've last posted here, but the problem is always the same: time!

Anyway, now i show you two cars that are the only ones known, 2 VIP: an R64 MGA and an R65 Austin Healey both in a gold livery :w00t:

In fact, these two slots were just used at the Brighton Toy Fair, probably in 1963, given that in that year VIP renovated a bit its slot car range by introducing some changes in the way slot cars were made, and they also renamed them by putting an "R" in front of their codes..and to introduce them to the public the company gold plated two specimens: these ones!

And now the photos, enjoy :beer:

Bild
Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav slotcar7 30 aug 2016, 15:59

Hi guys, now i show you 3 slots that are already really difficult to find, given their rarity, so to see them all together in the same photo and also in a mint condition is almost impossible..two 1/24 Policar BRE Samurai and one 1/24 Policar Osi Silver Fox Bisiluro :w00t:

One of the 2 Samurai has already been shown to you in the past, now there's another one that has the particularity to have the dummy engine mounted in the wrong direction, and this happened at the factory, given the fact that this car is MIB..for sure is the only one known. The Samurai and the Bisiluro were produced by Policar just in 1969 and they're left in very, very small numbers..the known complete specimens of each one are no more than 7/8..

And now enjoy :beer:

Bild
Bild
slotcar7
Mekaniker

Inläggav neckcheese 12 aug 2020, 10:58

HI - I would like to get in contact with David Mincica

- anybody has any contact info - mail, address etc ??

Niels Elmholt, Danmark
Niels Elmholt Christensen, Danmark
http://racecars.dk - http://picasaweb.google.com/n.elmholt
neckcheese
Braidsbytare

Klubb: KMRC, Danmark

Föregående

Återgå till Bilbana & allmänt